Ancient Ayurvedic remedie
Our organic ghee is made from fresh organic cows milk produced by small dairy herds living on pristine organic pastures.
Ghee, a form of clarified butter, is used to promote a healthy appetite and to nourish the body.
It is a healthy cooking oil due to its content of essential fatty acids which are an essential part of our diets.
It is rich in easy-to-digest short chain fatty acids, vitamins A, D, E & K and it also contains 3% linoleic acid which has anti-oxidant properties.
Ghee has a high smoke point which makes it great for cooking. It also means that it does not produce damaging free radicals.
Ghee is suitable for people who are sensitive to lactose as the heating procedure used to clarify the butter removes the lactose content.
Use ghee as a delicious oil for cooking or stir into rice and vegetables for a nourishing flavoursome (nutty) taste.
Ghee can be stored for extended periods without refrigeration, provided it is kept in an airtight container to prevent oxidation and remains moisture-free.
Ayurvedic texts describe many diverse mind/body benefits like for example:
- Absorption: Ghee is an integral part of the practice of ayurvedic herbal formulation. Since ghee is an oil, it can bond with lipid-soluble nutrients and herbs to penetrate the lipid-based cell membranes of the body. It is stated to increase the potency of certain herbs by carrying the active components to the interior of the cells where they impart the most benefit.
- Digestion: The ayurvedic texts say that ghee helps balance excess stomach acid, and helps maintain/repair the mucus lining of the stomach.
- Mild Burns: Like aloe, ghee is said to prevent blisters and scarring if applied quickly to affected skin. Also, ghee stored over a longer time has more medicinal value.
- Mind: Ghee is said to promote all three aspects of mental functioning - learning, memory and recall.
- Ayurvedic Balance: Ghee balances both Vata (the dosha that controls movement in mind and body) and Pitta (the dosha that controls heat and metabolism).
- Eating ghee is also believed to enhance virility and sexual potency.