Himalayan salt inhaler, experience the power of the salty sea air at home
Anyone who has ever visited the sea knows the beneficial influence of salty sea air on your airways and your mood.
Likewise, inhaling Himalayan salt with a salt pipe gives you a freer feeling of breathing and you will suddenly feel better.
Because salt has the property, among other things, to dissolve mucus in our airways, people with chronic lung diseases such as COPD and asthma are treated in hospitals with nebulizing saline solutions.
What is a himalayan salt inhaler?
Our salt inhaler or salt pipe is a ceramic container in which an amount of Himalayan salt crystals can be placed.
You take in air through the ergonomic spout at the top, which is sucked in through the ventilation holes at the bottom and mixes with the salt crystals.
You can top up the salt through a closable hole at the bottom of the salt pipe.
For extra safe use, our salt inhaler has an internal sieve that prevents larger salt crystals from being aspirated and ending up in your lungs.
What are the benefits of inhaling salt?
Inhaling salt has some interesting health benefits:
- You can use the Himalayan salt inhaler daily preventively if you often suffer from your respiratory tract, do 3 sessions of 5 minutes each per day for optimal results.
- It also helps with the onset of colds and flu to clear the airways of mucus.
- Inhaling salt is also good for athletes who want to work to improve or increase their lung capacity.
- Helps people who suffer from seasonal allergies such as pollen allergy in the spring.
- Regular use also gives a better night's sleep.
- Inhaling salt before the meditation and yoga session helps to calm the mind.
How do you use the salt inhaler?
The salt inhaler is simple and safe to use.
- fill the salt pipe with the supplied bag of Himalayan salt
- put the spout in your mouth
- inhale through your mouth and exhale through your nose, be careful not to breathe back into the pipe as this will moisten and harden the salt
- 5 minutes three times a day is enough to experience the effect
- for hygienic reasons, the salt inhaler should only be used by one person
How do you maintain the salt inhaler?
The inhaler does not require much maintenance, but you should take a few precautions:
- don't share the salt pipe with anyone else
- do not blow out air into the inhaler, this causes the salt to clump and harden so that fewer fine salt particles are absorbed
- wipe the spout with a damp cloth after use
- if desired, you can remove salt on a regular basis, you do this by immersing the inhaler in fresh water, the salt will now dissolve
- replenish salt through the access at the bottom of the base
- store the inhaler in a dry place
Dimensions: 13 x 7 cm
Included: 1 small bag of Himalayan salt crystals